J.D., Saint Louis University Law School, Saint Louis University Law Journal, Notes and Comments Editor, 2018
B.A., Economics and Government, Lawrence University, 2015
Joel Birch focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, financing, corporate governance and general corporate matters. Working closely with both buyers and sellers, he has significant experience drafting purchase and sale agreements, disclosure schedules, and closing and ancillary documents. He has worked as the lead attorney on numerous M&A transactions.
Joel also regularly advises his clients on business succession planning and works diligently to ensure a seamless and efficient transition of ownership from one generation to the next. In addition to drafting buy-sell agreements, he advises on other general business matters, including corporate governance and entity formation.
In law school, Joel provided representation to entrepreneurs and small businesses through the SLU Law Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic, assisting them with contracts and trademark issues and advising on state and federal law.
- Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Academic Excellence Award in Negotiations
- Represented the equity owners of a medical instruments manufacturer in connection with the sale of the company to a large international corporation.
- Represented a buyer in the connection with the acquisition of a jewelry manufacturer.
- Represented an in-home senior care franchisee with the sale of its assets.
- Represented a buyer in connection with the acquisition of an electrical contracting company.
- Represented a borrower in connection with the refinance of the borrower’s existing credit facility.
- Represented a borrower in connection with the forbearance on the borrower’s credit facility.
- Represented an alcohol manufacturer in private placement transactions to raise equity investment.
- Represented a project management software company in the private placement transactions to raise private debt and equity financing.
- Represented a nursing and rehabilitation facility in a joint venture with a hospital.