J.D., Concentration in Taxation, Saint Louis University School of Law, magna cum laude, 2011, Order of the Woolsack, Saint Louis University Law Journal, Editor
B.S.B.A., Accounting, Saint Louis University, magna cum laude, 2008
Brett Travers advises clients on a wide variety of real estate and corporate matters. His practice includes the acquisition, disposition and leasing of commercial real estate, real estate development, corporate mergers and acquisitions, corporate and real estate finance, and day-to-day corporate counseling.
Brett is experienced in representing clients across a variety of industries but is acutely aware of the issues facing clients in the senior living industry. Brett previously served in executive leadership as general counsel for a senior living developer, builder, owner and operator where he oversaw growth from eight locations in three states to 52 locations across eight states. His experience as former in-house counsel brings a valuable perspective to his work and allows him to offer clients practical, well-rounded business and legal advice. Due to this unique perspective, clients often rely on Brett as outside general counsel.
- Represented owners of a professional services advisory firm in the sale and rollover of equity into a private equity buyer.
- Represented majority owner in the sale of a physical therapy provider to a private equity-backed minority member.
- Represented majority owner of a property management company in the buy-out of minority business partner.
- Represented majority owner of a long-term care pharmacy in the buy-out of minority business partner.
- Represented privately held pharmacy in the disposition of its retail business line to a publicly traded buyer.
- Represented management company in the negotiation of a multi-site management agreement with subsidiaries of a publicly traded REIT.
- Represented senior living management company in the negotiation of management agreements for multiple sites in the Midwest and Southeastern portions of the U.S.
- Represented seller of a senior living community to a Midwest-based nonprofit entity.
- Represented seller of multiple senior living communities to a non-traded REIT.
- Represented purchaser of three assisted living and memory care communities in the St. Louis Metro East.
- Represented purchaser of an independent living and assisted living community is South St. Louis County, Missouri.
- Represented borrower in obtaining $25+ million financing for the acquisition and renovation of commercial real estate.
- Represented private equity firm in private placement transactions to raise equity for the acquisition of commercial real estate.
- Represented private equity firm in private placement transactions to raise equity for the development and construction of senior living communities.
- Represented borrower in the closing a loan through the Missouri State Treasurer’s Linked Deposit Program.
- Represented borrowers in 15+ financing transactions for the construction of senior living communities.
- Represented borrowers in 10+ refinance transactions within the senior living industry.
- Represented real estate developers seeking certificates of need for the construction and renovation of senior living communities from the Missouri Health Facilities Review Committee.
- Represented real estate owners in property tax appeals throughout the states of Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Kentucky and Indiana.
- Represented owners of an apparel company in a sale of the company to a private equity buyer.
- Represented distributor of plastic containers in a sale to a strategic buyer.