- Northern District of Illinois
J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 2012
B.A., University of Michigan, 2009
As a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property group, Angela Kalsi advises businesses and individuals on a wide array of trademark, copyright, artificial intelligence (AI), design, trade secret, and licensing issues.
Angela’s experience includes working with artists, start-ups, and Fortune 100 companies. No matter the client, she adapts her skill set to tailor an appropriate and robust IP protection strategy. Additionally, Angela has helped her clients enforce and defend their IP rights all over the globe, including in cases before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and before numerous international IP offices.
When it comes to growing companies, Angela guides her clients in developing strong IP portfolios to best position them for their next stage of growth, whether it is a next round of funding or an M&A deal. From the buyer’s side, Angela is experienced in conducting thorough due diligence to identify all possible IP issues.
Finally, Angela advises clients on the evolving IP issues implicated by new technologies, including NFTs, artificial intelligence (AI), and large language models.
In her professional community, Angela serves on a leadership committee of the International Trademark Association (INTA), where she demonstrates her knowledge in the many nuanced areas of international trademark protection. Angela also serves on a leadership committee for Chicago Women in IP (ChiWIP), where she mentors women in the intellectual property field.
Before joining Greensfelder, Angela served as an IP attorney at another Chicago-based law firm. She has a background in and passion for art, which lends depth to her understanding of the importance of protecting her clients’ creative output.
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Chicago Women in IP (ChiWIP)
News & Insights
- November 20, 2023
- Angela Kalsi Examines Supreme Court's Shift in Trademark Prohibitions and Free Speech in Recent InterviewNovember 9, 2023
- October 31, 2023
- Bloomberg Law, October 12, 2023
- Law360, September 20, 2023
- Interview with Angela Kalsi, "Google policy update will create more work for trademark owners, practitioners warn"World Trademark Review, June 30, 2023
- Seasoned Trademark Attorneys Join Greensfelder’s Intellectual Property Practice, Add Women-Owned Business Client RosterSeptember 21, 2022
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Leave Your Mark: The Fundamentals of Intellectual Property Law and How it Impacts Designers"Columbia College in collaboration with AIGA Chicago, September 14, 2023
- Examining accuracy, privacy, conflicts with IP laws, and the far-reaching ramifications in a law practiceAugust 24, 2023
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program IP WorkshopJuly 13, 2023
- "Beverly the Builder: Trademark and Brand Architecture from the Ground Up"National Association of Women Business Owners 40th Annual Celebration of Achievement, Oak Brook, Illinois, April 27, 2023
- "The Intersection of Intellectual Property and Design"Nordic House, in collaboration with the Design Museum of Chicago, April 25, 2023
- "ChatGPT, IP, and More"Chicago Women in IP, April 20, 2023
- "Trademarks and Non-fungible Tokens"USPTO Roundtable, January 24, 2023
- Association of Corporate Counsel St. Louis Newsletter, September 2023
- Possible lawsuit by The New York Times against OpenAI could have serious consequences for copyright holders and ChatGPT alikeThe Trademark Lawyer, September 14, 2023
- St. Louis Lawyer Magazine, September 8, 2023
- IPWatchdog, September 4, 2023
- May 22, 2023
- March 16, 2023