- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
J.D., Washington University School of Law, 2017
B.A., Lindsey Wilson College, Criminal Justice, 2013
Zackary Smith assists with commercial litigation matters for companies of all sizes. He focuses his practice on general and complex commercial litigation, arbitrations, and administrative proceedings in jurisdictions throughout the country. He represents companies in industries that include energy, franchising, telecommunications, and securities. He also represents clients in toxic tort litigation.
Zack first worked for the firm as a summer associate in 2015 and 2016, assisting in litigation matters related to industries including energy and securities. Also while in law school, he worked with two clinics at Washington University School of Law. As a member of the Urban Revitalization Clinic, he assisted in research on the laws and policies of the St. Louis Board of Aldermen redistricting. For the Children’s Rights Clinic, he represented juveniles involved in a variety of legal matters, including arguing a bench trial in an adoption case.
- Mound City Bar Association
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- National Black Lawyers' Top 40 Under 40 List, 2020
- Excellence in Oral Advocacy Award, Washington University School of Law
- Successfully defended a major oil and gas company in federal court against claims of alleged breaches of a franchise agreement and purported violations of the Petroleum Marketing Practices Act.
News & Insights
- February 5, 2020
- Business Law Today Month in Brief, July 2019
- Business Law Today Month in Brief, April 2018