- Educational, Religious & Tax-Exempt
- Trusts & Estates
- Asset & Divorce Protection Planning
- Charitable Planning
- Corporate Fiduciary Representation
- Estate, Gift & Fiduciary Income Tax Return Preparation
- Estate, Gift & Income Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
- Family Business & Succession Planning
- Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements
- Probate & Trust Administration
- Trusts & Estates Litigation
- U.S. Tax Court
J.D., Saint Louis University, 1988, cum laude, Order of the Woolsack
B.J., University of Missouri, 1983
Bill Jochens pairs a sophisticated understanding of succession and planning issues with a classic approach to the practice of law — he strives to make clients feel comfortable coming to him with all types of legal and business concerns.
A significant portion of Bill’s work deals with succession planning for businesses, acting as part of the client’s strategic team. He also handles administration of trusts and estates, estate planning for affluent individuals, charitable giving and probate, trust and fiduciary litigation. Other asset planning issues he assists with include modification of trusts including decanting trusts, insurance and retirement plan issues, creditor protection and corporate-financed life insurance.
Bill has a broad base of legal experience, having litigated probate and non-probate matters and handled corporate and real estate transactions. He represents a number of charitable organizations in the St. Louis area in connection with their planned giving efforts.
He is a former member of the firm’s Board of Directors and chair of the strategic planning committee on growth. He speaks to area organizations on estate planning, charitable giving and business succession planning issues.
- American Bar Association, Probate, Real Property and Taxation Sections
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Archdiocese of St. Louis, Planned Giving & Endowment Council
- Evans Scholar Alumni Association
- St. John Vianney High School, Advancement Committee
Annual Catholic Appeal chairman, Mary Queen of Peace Catholic Church
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Professional Advisor Award, St. Louis Legacy Awards, St. Louis Planned Giving Council, 2011
- Martindale Hubbell - AV Preeminent