- Business Services
- Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy
- Employee Benefits
- Real Estate
LL.M., Taxation, New York University School of Law, 1988
J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, cum laude, 1987
B.S. B.A., Accounting, University of Louisville, 1984, With Honors
With extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and tax issues, Vince Garozzo offers business-oriented solutions to clients in corporate transactions. His legal and business knowledge and leadership skills have earned the respect of clients as well as his colleagues — Vince is a former member of the Greensfelder Board of Directors and previously served as firm president.
Vince has represented clients in transactions throughout the United States and in several foreign countries, handling the financial, tax, accounting and business-law aspects of mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance transactions. He serves as general counsel and special transaction counsel for publicly traded and closely held business organizations. His multidisciplinary approach — looking at the financial and tax aspects in addition to legal and business matters — brings value to transactions.
In addition, Vince has significant experience in public-private partnership financing through the use of economic development tools and other public incentives, including Tax Increment Financing in real estate developments, together with Transportation Development Districts, Community Improvement Districts and Chapter 353 and Chapter 100 tax abatement for real estate and personal property. He works with numerous developers in Missouri and Illinois securing TIF and related assistance for new projects.
- Association for Corporate Growth, St. Louis Chapter, past president
- Missouri Venture Forum, board member
- Missouri Economic Development Financing Association (MEDFA), board member
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- St. Louis Italian Open, board member
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA, Corporate/M&A, 2018-2022
- St. Louis Small Business Monthly, Best M&A Providers, 2016, 2018-2019, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2017-2023; Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2020-2023; Business Organizations, 2020-2023; St. Louis area Business Organizations including LLCs and Partnerships Lawyer of the Year, 2023
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented an auto parts company in connection with the acquisition of additional retail outlets from a parts retailer and repair shop.
- Represented a retailer in connection with the disposition of several grocery and fuel locations to another company, as well as the subsequent purchase of several stores in another city from that same company.
- Represented the purchaser of a hotel property from the previous owners’ bondholders, who had foreclosed on the properties.
- Represented the equity owners of a formal wear company in connection with the sale of the company to a private equity group.
- Represented a portfolio company of a private equity group in connection with its sale to another private equity group. Handled all aspects of the sale transaction, including the auction process.
- Represented a food manufacturing client in connection with the sale of its wholesale operation to a strategic buyer of the business while retaining its distribution division.
- Represented a minority shareholder in a family-owned commercial printing business in the acquisition of the business from his family members.
- Represented a company in the residential building products market in connection with its sale to a third-party financial buyer. Assisted the company through all aspects of the sale, including conducting the auction, maintaining the data room, counseling the sellers with respect to post-closing and liabilities and closing the transaction.
- Represented a private equity group acquiring a building products company located in Texas. Assisted in securing senior credit facility and mezzanine financing for the acquisition.
- Represented a minority stockholder in connection with a leveraged recapitalization.
- Helped an individual secure acquisition financing for purposes of acquiring a family-owned business.
- Representing a borrower in connection with renegotiating a large syndicated credit facility with its lenders.
- Helped various retailers secure long-term financing through the issuance of private placement notes.
- Secured state, county and local incentives incident to the development and construction of a new distribution facility
- Represented a developer in connection with renovation of an existing real estate project and the development of a community improvement district to assist in defraying public improvement and other costs.
News & Insights
- Best Lawyers 2023 edition lists over 60 Greensfelder attorneys, including five St. Louis ‘Lawyers of the Year’August 18, 2022
- June 1, 2022
- St. Louis Small Business Monthly, March 2022
- Best Lawyers 2022 Edition Lists 60 Greensfelder Attorneys, including Three St. Louis ‘Lawyers of the Year’August 19, 2021
- May 20, 2021
- August 20, 2020
- May 2020
- April 23, 2020
- August 15, 2019
- St. Louis Business Journal, July 25, 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- August 2018
- May 3, 2018
- Vince Garozzo and Taylor Hall named among the Best M&A Providers for 2018 by St. Louis Small Business Monthly2018
- St. Louis Business Journal, July 21, 2017
- St. Louis Business Journal, January 15, 2016
- Smart Business St. Louis, June 2008
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- St. Louis Smart Business Dealmakers Conference, May 6, 2021
- Moderator, "Buying Family-Owned Businesses: Developing a Niche Growth Strategy"Smart Business Dealmakers Conference, St. Louis, MO, February 13, 2020
- "M&A Market Update: Sellers Hold the Keys"Association for Corporate Growth, St. Louis Chapter, January 15, 2016
- “Business Owners Breakfast Series”Panelist, August 21, 2015
- "Roadmap of an M&A Transaction"Association of Corporate Counsel Small Law Department Committee, December 2013
- “Creating Value in Middle Market Companies through Acquisitions and Divestitures”International Business Brokers Association, June 9, 2012
- "Creating Value in Middle Market Companies"UHY Merger & Acquisition Forum, July 20, 2011
- “Economic Development Financing 101”Missouri Economic Development Financing Association, October 14, 2010
- “Merger & Acquisition Forum”October 7, 2010
- “Current Trends in Corporate Finance”March 24, 2010
- Association of Corporate Counsel, December 4, 2012
- Greensfelder Corporate Client Alert, June 1, 2009
- July 10, 2020