- Business Services
- Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy
- Real Estate
J.D., Washington University School of Law, 2002, CALI Excellence for the Future Award - Business Acquisitions
B.S., Finance, Miami University, 1999
In representing corporate clients, Tracy Ring sees his role as that of a strategic partner who understands business risks and objectives and can pair that knowledge with legal solutions. Tracy’s work includes mergers and acquisitions, financing and structuring business entities, among other general business matters.
In his mergers and acquisitions practice, Tracy represents buyers and sellers in stock purchase agreements, stock redemption agreements, asset purchase agreements, joint ventures, plans of merger and related ancillary agreements and disclosure schedules. His experience includes a substantial volume of transactions for publicly and privately held companies, primarily in the middle-market M&A sector. As a compliment to his M&A practice, Tracy frequently represents borrowers seeking funds for acquisition or expansion purposes, via traditional and mezzanine financing and private equity investments.
Tracy also advises clients in aspects of public financing, including tax increment financing (TIF) and the establishment and maintenance of transportation development districts (TDD) and community improvement districts (CID). In the area of commercial real estate, he represents landlords and tenants in lease negotiations and the acquisition and disposition of real property.
Another area of Tracy’s practice includes assisting start-up companies with the selection of a proper structure and raising funds through venture capital and private equity. He also represents early-stage private equity funds in fund formation and capital raising.
In his general business services practice, Tracy serves as counsel to numerous manufacturers, suppliers, retailers, service providers, real estate developers, property managers and physician practice groups.
Tracy is a member of the firm’s Board of Directors.
- Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors, St. Louis Chapter Board of Directors
- American Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Board of Governors, member-at-large, 2009-2011
- Kids In The Middle, past president; Board of Directors, 2005-2013; Advisory Council, 2014-present
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- IFLR1000 rated attorney, 2018-2020
- St. Louis Small Business Monthly, Top M&A Providers, 2017, 2022
- St. Louis Magazine, Excellence in Law Rising Star, 2016
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, Up & Coming Lawyer (Law Firm Leader category), 2014
- Leadership St. Louis: Class of 2014-2015
- Leadership Clayton: Class of 2005-2006
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2022
- Implemented a rapid growth strategy for a leading market measurement company through the procurement of private equity investment and mezzanine debt, followed by multiple strategic acquisitions.
- Represented a leading producer of sandwiches and related food products in the food service, retail and convenience channels in the carve-out of its manufacturing operations to a private equity fund, and the concurrent retention and growth of its direct store delivery distribution network.
- Represented the largest global producer of enhanced-efficiency fertilizer products in the sale of substantially all assets to a large privately-held conglomerate.
- Represented the seller of substantially all operating assets and real estate of its aluminum casting business to a private equity group
- Represented the target in a $130 million going-private tender offer.
News & Insights
- St. Louis Small Business Monthly, March 2022
- Best Lawyers 2022 Edition Lists 60 Greensfelder Attorneys, including Three St. Louis ‘Lawyers of the Year’August 19, 2021
- September 2018
- November 7, 2017
- Congratulations to Chris Pickett and Tracy Ring for being recognized among St. Louis Small Business Monthly’s "100 St. Louisans You Should Know"April 3, 2017
- Congratulations to Amy Blaisdell, Vanessa Keith and Tracy Ring, St. Louis Magazine Excellence in Law finalistsAugust 30, 2016
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, August 7, 2014
- June 3, 2014
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- You Get What You Give: Negotiating the DealAlliance of M&A Advisors, August 6, 2020
- Annual Corporate Counsel Institute, Association of Corporate Counsel St. Louis Chapter, April 27, 2016
- “Avoiding the Pitfalls of Distribution/Supply Agreements”Association of Corporate Counsel, St. Louis, Missouri, August 8, 2013