J.D., Washington University School of Law, Order of the Coif; Washington University Law Quarterly,1972
B.A., Political Science, Vanderbilt University, 1968
Tom Lewin represents closely held businesses and their owners, from the formation of the business through the life of the enterprise. He helps clients successfully navigate mergers and acquisitions, contractual arrangements, business and succession planning, financing, governance and general business matters.
Tom has extensive experience in structuring new enterprises as corporations, limited liability companies or partnerships. He has taken several companies public and has represented businesses in numerous securities and corporate finance matters. He joined Greensfelder in 2008 after more than 30 years with another St. Louis firm, where he handled mergers and acquisitions and public securities matters and represented closely hold businesses, among other general corporate work.
He has represented both franchisors and franchisees in preparing and negotiating franchise agreements and franchise disclosure documentation. Tom also has experience in representing charitable, educational and other non-profit organizations. He prioritizes being highly accessible to clients and developing a deep understanding of their business.
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section: LLCs, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities Committee, Mergers and Acquisitions Committee, Middle Market and Small Business Committee; and Forum Committee on Franchising
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Clayton, Missouri, Chamber of Commerce, former president and director
- American Diabetes Association, former St. Louis chapter president and director, former director of Missouri affiliate and former member of ADA National Research Policy Committee
- Temple Shaare Emeth, former vice president and director
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2001-2019; Securities/Capital Markets Law, 2001-2019; St. Louis area Corporate Law Lawyer of the Year, 2015
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Business/Corporate Law
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent