- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
LL.M. in Taxation, Washington University School of Law, 2023
J.D., cum laude, DePaul University College of Law, 2011
B.A., history and political science, summa cum laude, Saint Louis University, 2007
Steven Ahillen assists businesses in all types of real estate matters, as well as entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, contracts, commercial lending and borrowing, cybersecurity, and regulatory compliance matters. He works collaboratively with all parties to close each transaction in an effective and efficient manner.
Steven has negotiated and drafted a variety of corporate and commercial agreements and handles real estate transactions including commercial purchase and sale agreements and development deals. His experience includes drafting transactional documents for the assignment of TIF and CID notes and redevelopment rights. He also has advised companies on large-scale data breach incident responses.
Before joining Greensfelder, Steven worked at other St. Louis area law firms, including as a litigator. His courtroom experience now helps him to identify and help mitigate clients’ risks.
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Health Care Compliance Association
- Cardinal Ritter Senior Services - Member of the Board of Directors; Planning, Services & Housing Committee
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2024
- Drafted all transactional documents for assignment of TIF notes, CID notes, and redevelopment rights for major urban redevelopment project.
- Advised and guided client through formation of residential mortgage company, including all licensing and regulatory requirements, including Dodd-Frank Act.
- Represented client in tax law appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit.
- Counseled corporation and drafted transaction documents for all aspects of the sale of a podiatry clinics chain, including employment agreements for physicians and podiatrists, preparing patient notifications related to sale of medical practice, and the formation of a management services organization.
- Negotiated and drafted transaction documents for all aspects of sale of hydraulics equipment manufacturer, including asset purchase agreement, corporate formation documents, and loan documentation.
- Counseled transportation companies and drafted all transaction documents for acquisitions of carriers and brokers.
- Advised on large-scale data breach incident response including coordinating investigations, communication with regulators, and preparing notifications to impacted individuals.
News & Insights
- St. Louis Small Business Monthly, April 2022
- Ethical Pitfalls in Social Media Discovery – A Review of the Hazards in Obtaining and Preserving Social Media EvidenceJournal of American Law, Spring 2015