J.D., Valparaiso University Law School, 2003
B.A., Political Science, Fordham University, 2001
With experience conducting hundreds of depositions nationwide over the past decade, Shannon Summers plays a key role in high-value product liability, premises liability and toxic torts litigation. His practice in pre-trial preparation includes case work and evidence motions resulting from depositions he has conducted in approximately 30 states.
Conducting a variety of depositions has honed Shannon’s ability to deal with adversarial witnesses and complex subject matter. His thorough preparation and effective style of questioning help him get the responses he needs to accomplish his clients’ goals. He also handles reports to clients on the prospects and value of the case, as well as motion drafting and courtroom arguments on behalf of clients.
Working on a high volume of cases, Shannon manages all phases of litigation, analyzing information with timely and accurate attention and resolving problems amicably. He has provided guidance to clients on ways to manage future risks and avoid litigation in problematic jurisdictions.
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a multinational food manufacturer in an alleged food poisoning lawsuit.
- Coordinated litigation efforts with national counsel and claims analysts to evaluate exposure, establish potential settlement value and prepare a litigation budget.
- Assisted claims analysts with inquiries related to changes in state and federal legislation
- Advised corporate clients on legal remedies when predecessor companies were sued by analyzing merger documents, asset purchases and insurance contracts.