J.D., University of Missouri School of Law, cum laude, 2014, Order of the Coif; Missouri Law Review, senior associate editor
M.B.A., Webster University, 2011
B.A., Political Science, The Ohio State University, 2007
Scott represents clients in a variety of litigation matters. His focuses include securities, unfair competition, real estate and toxic tort litigation.
Scott assists the securities group in actions before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and in regulatory compliance matters. He has handled real estate matters ranging from eminent domain to easement and landlord-tenant disputes. In addition to his securities and real estate practice, Scott has defended over 60 depositions in toxic tort matters on behalf of companies in the automotive and pharmaceutical industries. He currently serves as the prosecuting attorney for the city of Black Jack.
While attending the University of Missouri School of Law, Scott cofounded the school’s Veterans Clinic. The clinic represents low-income veterans in judicial proceedings before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims and the Board of Veterans’ Appeals and has collected over $300,000 in previously denied benefits for veterans throughout the country.
Scott supervises 40 soldiers as a platoon sergeant in the U.S. Army Reserves and is a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Court of Appeals for Veteran Claims Bar Association
- Association of the United States Army
Missouri Coalition for the Right to Counsel, volunteer attorney
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- J. Lewis Parks Award for Best Work in Antitrust
- Sidney Faber Award for Best Work in Criminal Law
- Academic Excellence Award in Civil Procedure I
News & Insights
- Co-Author, “Trends in Data Breach Litigation,” Chapter 11ABA Annual Review, 2016
- Financial Advisor, July 15, 2015
- St. Louis Lawyer, May 2015
- The Best Interest Contract ExemptionJuly 22, 2016
- May 2016