B.A., Communications, University of Southern California
Cornell University, Johnson Graduate School of Management
Sales Growth Certificate
University of South Florida, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace Certificate
Good2bsocial Academy, Coaching Fundamentals Course
Business Development Coaching Certification for Law Firms
Risa McMahon works with attorneys and firm administration to strengthen relationships with existing and prospective clients. Risa focuses on identifying business development opportunities consistent with the firm’s strengths and strategic initiatives. She leads the annual business development planning process and oversees the client value assessment program to determine ways in which the firm can best serve its clients and communities.
Risa also collaborates closely with the firm's Professional Development, Human Resources, and Equity/Retention/Advancement Groups to further our attorney educational programming, lateral recruiting/integration, and diversity efforts. Most recently, she has been working across departments to ensure our internal business development and officer-level lateral recruiting processes are being tracked as part of Greensfelder's participation in the Midsize Mansfield Rule Certification Process.
For more than 20 years, Risa has served in key marketing and business development roles supporting labor and employment, litigation, banking and finance, energy, environmental, real estate, and intellectual property practices at law firms and professional services firms across Chicago. She is proud to mentor several talented legal marketing and business development professionals and has delivered professional development presentations on impactful writing, client-focused messaging, and traditional and social media channels.
In 2022, Risa began her three year term as a member of the Association of Legal Administrators’ Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility Committee. Risa has been a volunteer reader for the elderly blind since 1999 and is a regular supporter of organizations working to address domestic violence and fundamental human rights issues.
- Legal Marketing Association
- Legal & Professional Services Council (formerly Legal PR Chicago) 2006 - 2021
- Association of Legal Administrators (ALA)
- Association of Legal Administrators (ALA) Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility Committee Member
- Founder, Southport Fundamentals (a community center in Chicago)
Co-Chair of Fundraising Gala, Friends of Blaine Elementary, 2022-present
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- “How to Stop Bullies in the Workplace”Co-Presenter, Association of Legal Administrators – Capital Chapter, October 25, 2022
- "An Honest Conversation about Creating an Inclusive Culture"Panelist, DEI Virtual Town Hall, Association of Legal Administrators – Capital Chapter, September 7, 2022
- Legal Marketing Association's Strategies & Voices, November 10, 2022
- Legal Marketing Association's Strategies & Voices, November 18, 2021