- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, 1990
B.S., University of Wisconsin, 1987
Richard Himelhoch is experienced in all aspects of intellectual property, focusing his practice in the areas of patent prosecution, intellectual property counseling and patent litigation. He handles domestic and foreign patent prosecution and has extensive experience before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Richard’s work also includes strategies for design-arounds to avoid patent infringement, as well as infringement and validity analysis. In addition to patents, he also handles matters related to copyright, trade secrets and unfair competition, and intellectual property due diligence. His litigation experience includes representing clients in patent infringement matters in industries including information technology, manufacturing and other areas.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Hagenbuch v. Sonrai Systems, Civil Action No. 13 C 7042 (N.D.Ill.)
- Mettler-Toledo, Inc. v. B-Tek Scales, LLC, 671 F.3d 1291 (Fed. Cir. 2012)
- Lucas-Milhaupt, Inc. v. Bellman-Melcor, LLC, Civil Action No. 1:11-CV-07557 (N.D.Ill.)
- Ultra-Temp Corp. v. Advanced Vacuum Systems, Inc.: 189 F.R.D. 17 (D. Mass), 27 F.Supp.2d 86, 11 F.Supp.2d 141, 27 F.Supp.2d 86, 1999 U.S. App. LEXIS 19972
- Menasha Corporation v. Buckeye Boxes, Inc., Civil Action No. C2 05 420 (S.D. Ohio)
- Primex, Inc. and Primex Wireless, Inc. v. Visiplex Technologies, Inc. and Sam Agin, Civil Action No. 05 C 0515 (E.D. Wis.)
- M&R Printing Equipment, Inc. v. Anatol, Inc. and Anatol TopolewskiI, Civil Action No. 02 C 06762 (N.D. Ill.)