J.D., University of Missouri School of Law, cum laude, 2014, Tax Law Concentration with Honors, Order of the Coif, Journal of Dispute Resolution, Editor in Chief
B.A., Psychology, Harvard University, 2007
Rachel Hirshberg draws on her understanding of taxation and corporate governance to assist businesses with a variety of corporate transactions. She provides counsel and drafts documents related to corporate formation, partnership and limited liability company agreements, nonprofit organizations, and corporate reorganizations and other transactions. With extensive knowledge of tax-planning issues, Rachel frequently handles matters including tax controversies and advising on the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions.
Rachel also has experience in estate and gift tax planning and previously worked as a corporate tax and estate planning associate at another St. Louis law firm. During law school, Rachel interned for Judge E. Richard Webber of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. Before law school, she worked as a marketing strategist, an experience that gives her a valuable perspective on her clients’ business objectives.
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Women Lawyers' Association of St. Louis
- Estate Planning Council of St. Louis
- Friends of St. Louis Public Radio, Board of Directors, 2017-present
- Missouri Appleseed, Board of Directors, 2017-present
- Mercy Health Foundation Planned Giving Committee, 2016-present
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Advanced Estate Planning Techniques for 2016 and Beyond"Estate Planning Seminar, September 27, 2016
- ABA Section of Trust & Estate Litigation, 2014
- "You Can't Have Your Trust and Defeat It Too: Why Mandatory Arbitration Provisions in Trusts Are Enforceable, and Why State Courts Are Getting It Wrong"Journal of Dispute Resolution, 2013