J.D., Washington University School of Law, 1999, Order of the Coif
B.A., Economics/Russian, Saint Louis University, summa cum laude, 1992
Phil Stanton’s practice concentrates on corporate finance and governance, securities regulation, mergers and acquisitions and executive compensation. He serves clients in a variety of industries, including investment advisory services, health care, software and manufacturing.
In corporate finance, Phil represents companies raising capital through exempt offerings of securities, including start-ups seeking financing from the angel and venture capital communities. He also advises companies regarding SEC disclosure requirements and compliance with stock exchange listing standards and securities laws, with a focus on smaller reporting companies.
Phil has significant experience with mergers and acquisitions in industries including financial services, health care, software and manufacturing. He also advises companies and executives on executive compensation issues, including preparing and implementing equity compensation plans and executive compensation agreements.
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Grace Hill Settlement House, Finance Committee
- ITEN Incubator mentor
News & Insights
- St. Louis Business Journal, April 29, 2016
- St. Louis Business Journal, August 2012
- Financial Advisor Magazine, July 5, 2011
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Moderator, “Alternative Products”Annual Securities Symposium, November 5, 2014
- SEC Offers Guidance to Registered Investment Advisors on the Interplay of the "Testimonial Rule" and Social Media.May 9, 2014
- St. Louis Business Journal, August 26, 2011
- Smart Business St. Louis, August 2009
- LinkedIn Pulse, October 3, 2015
- Greensfelder Business Services Newsletter, October 17, 2008
- Greensfelder Business Services Newsletter, October 2008