J.D., Indiana University McKinney School of Law
B.A., Purdue University
Paula Finch is an experienced business attorney who represents closely held businesses and public companies in commercial transactions, acquisitions, negotiations, contracting and supplier diversity business opportunities and certifications. She has worked with large multi-state businesses in acquisitions, with family-owned companies starting new enterprises, and with individual entrepreneurs. Her clients have included those in the manufacturing, technology, transportation and logistics, construction, real estate, insurance and professional services industries.
Paula is proficient in drafting and negotiating transaction documents and commercial contracts, managing diverse supplier certification applications, handling due diligence investigations, efficiently closing transactions, and supporting multiple business lines. The combination of her calm demeanor, strong communication skills and superior attention to detail is an asset in negotiations.
For minority and women-owned businesses, Paula frequently assists in certifications, creating new business ventures, and negotiating contracts. She is experienced in the issues that often arise during the certification and contracting process for MBE, WBE, VBE and DBE companies.
Paula has previously been an entrepreneur herself, running a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) firm focused on transactions, contract drafting and negotiations, supplier diversity certification, and other business-focused areas of practice. She was also general counsel for a large packaging manufacturer that grew significantly during her tenure, managing all facets of transactions including acquisitions, vendor and sales contracts, and day-to-day legal issues.
- National Association of Women Business Owners – Indianapolis Chapter, Board of Directors, 2019-present
- Great Lakes Women’s Business Counsel, Certification Review Committee Co-Chair, 2018-present
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council, 2016-present
- Women Owned Law founding member, 2016-20
- Indianapolis Bar Association, 2003-20
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- South Barry County Ambulance Board, board secretary, 2021
- Richard G. Lugar Excellence in Public Service Series, 2017-18
- Allisonville Elementary School volunteer, 2018-20
- Second Helpings volunteer, 2005-20
- Marion County Juvenile Detention Center Advisory Board, 2017-19
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- WBE Role Model of the Year, Great Lakes Women’s Business Council, 2019
Served as lead counsel to:
- electronic security company in multiple contract acquisitions
- technology company in stock merger transaction
- technology company negotiating multiple large commercial contracts
- manufacturing company in several acquisitions of manufacturing assets and/or companies
- start-up multi-member manufacturing companies
- trucking company in merger and acquisitions of competitor trucking business
- closely held manufacturing company in asset acquisition from distressed seller
- lender in small business financing transactions
- debtor in multiple chapter 11 reorganizations
- Served as counsel to MBE in successful certification application appeal
- Served as counsel to several women owned businesses in successful certification applications