J.D., Cornell Law School, 1977
M.B.A., Washington University in St. Louis, 1986
B.A., Duke University, cum laude, 1974
Pat Wharton counsels publicly traded and privately owned companies on corporate, intellectual property and general business matters.
In addition to helping to develop corporate agreements and policies, Pat works with clients on business formation, strategic planning and corporate governance issues. As an integral part of overall business strategy, she assists with the use and protection of valuable trademark, copyright, trade secret and other intellectual property rights. Much of her corporate practice involves advising companies on day-to-day business operational issues, including federal and state regulatory affairs, packaging and labeling, production and manufacturing, advertising and promotions, sweepstakes and contests, distribution and sales, consumer affairs and public relations.
Pat has significant experience in advising clients on public financing law, including the establishment and operation of transportation development districts, community improvement districts, tax increment financing districts and other development incentives. In addition, she provides support to clients in the areas of DBE/WBE/MBE certification and franchising.
Before joining Greensfelder, Pat was associate general counsel for Ralston Purina Co. (now Nestle Purina PetCare Co.), a leading international consumer packaged foods company. As in-house counsel, she provided legal advice to senior management and the operating groups related to the company’s various food businesses.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Illinois, Board of Directors
- ELB Enterprises, Inc., Advisory Board
- Jack & Jill of America, Inc.
- The Links, Inc., Gateway Chapter. Developed and implemented components of a youth development program at the Jackie Joyner-Kersee Center in East St. Louis, Illinois, and Girls, Inc. in St. Louis.
News & Insights
- Garrett Reuter, Jr. and Patricia Wharton elected to the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Illinois Board of DirectorsDecember 12, 2012