J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Woolsack, Saint Louis University Law Journal, Articles Editor, 2019
B.A., Psychology, Truman State University, cum laude, 2015
Laura Beckering works with businesses and organizations in transactions including formation of entities, buy-sell agreements, and other corporate matters. She performs due diligence reviews, helping to protect each client’s business interests in a deal and minimize future liability, and she has worked on a variety of transactional agreements including supply, property management, operating and lease agreements.
Laura's practice covers all aspects of a transaction on both the buy and sell side. This includes asset purchases, equity/stock transactions, mergers, corporate reorganizations, and non-profit mergers. Her comprehensive analytical skills are an asset when it comes time to review documents pertaining to transaction due diligence, entity formation, or drafting general corporate documents for businesses, such as shareholders' agreements and other governing documents, and corporate resolutions. In addition, Laura is well-versed in applying her abilities across industries. She has assisted architecture and engineering firms in determining state-by-state license requirements and regularly supports a healthcare client in reviewing proposed investment documents.
Laura is involved in St. Louis’ entrepreneurial community as an ambassador for St. Louis Startup Ambassadors. During law school, she worked for Saint Louis University School of Law’s Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic, where her work included helping a startup group form as a nonprofit corporation, as well as reviewing lease agreements and other transactional documents. She also was a summer associate at Greensfelder in 2017 and 2018.
- St. Louis Startup Ambassadors
- Marian Middle School, Young Friends Board
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Academic Excellence Awards including Legal Research and Writing, Contracts, Legal Profession and Transactional Drafting
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented buyers and sellers in a equity transactions involving purchase/sale of architecture and engineering firms.
- Represented the seller in the equity sale of a SaaS company.
- Represented the seller in the asset sale of certain buildings and assets located in downtown St. Louis.
- Represented selling shareholder in equity transaction of the sale of stock to the largest supplier.
- Represented local dental equipment manufacturer in a reverse triangular cash-out merger transaction.
- Conduct commercial contract review for supplier/dealer of industrial equipment.
- Conduct commercial contract review for manufacturer of flavor extracts.
News & Insights
- June 4, 2020
- May 29, 2020
- May 17, 2020
- April 8, 2020
- March 27, 2020