- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
J.D., Washington University School of Law, 2007
B.A., University of Kansas, Human Biology and Psychology, summa cum laude, 2002
Lacy Keune defends corporate clients in general commercial litigation, products liability, and medical malpractice cases. She also serves as appointed counsel in civil right litigation actions. She has extensive experience deposing parties, witnesses, and experts. Given her background in human biology, much of Lacy’s practice focuses on medical defenses, particularly within the quickly evolving field of genetics. She has experience with all stages of litigation, from resolving matters without the need for a formal lawsuit, to cross-examining adverse witnesses at trial.
Before joining Greensfelder, Lacy handled product liability cases with an Illinois law firm. Prior to that, she represented plaintiffs in personal injury cases and workers’ compensation claims, allowing her to thoroughly evaluate all sides of cases and anticipate her opponents’ strategies. Her experience also includes several years as an assistant attorney general for the state of Missouri, including as a special prosecutor. During law school, Lacy was an intern for the St. Louis Circuit Attorney’s Office and the Missouri State Public Defender system. She lived in South Africa following her first year of law school, interning with the Durban Legal Aid Board.
Outside of work, Lacy serves as a volunteer community mediator and provides respite care for children in the Missouri foster care system.
- Lawyers’ Association of St. Louis
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Certified Community Emergency Response Team member
- Lawyers’ Association of St Louis Annual Grid Iron Show – choreographer, writer, cast member
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri
- Volunteer Community Mediator with Community Mediation Services of St. Louis and Center for Conflict Resolution
- Respite care provider for the Missouri foster care system
- Founder of Armin’s Orchard (community garden/orchard)
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- William Pomerantz Trial Prize, 2007
- Equal Justice Works Award, 2007
- The Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch," 2021-2022