- Business Services
- Real Estate
- Trusts & Estates
J.D., Washington University School of Law, 1984
M.B.A., Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville, 1981
B.S., Accounting, Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville, 1980
Developers, financial institutions, hospitals, school districts, railroads, corporations and individuals rely on Kurt Schroeder for matters involving commercial, industrial, agricultural and residential properties. His practice includes sales and acquisitions, tax deferred exchanges, leasing, real estate development, tax increment financing (TIF), zoning, eminent domain, mineral rights and real estate litigation.
Drawing on more than 30 years in real estate law, Kurt’s experience representing national, regional and local clients in complex legal matters has earned him the respect of peers and clients alike, and his community involvement as a member of school and hospital boards in the region lends a deeper understanding of the legal issues those clients face.
In real estate transactions, Kurt assists clients with the resolution of title, environmental, governmental and tax issues. He has extensive experience with property tax appeals at the local and state levels and has successfully prosecuted numerous lawsuits involving matters such as contract disputes, zoning issues and mechanics’ lien claims.
Businesses, school districts and municipalities often seek Kurt’s assistance with issues related to TIF districts, based on his long history of experience with TIF matters. He was involved with Belleville, Illinois’ first TIF districts and has since provided services concerning the establishment, maintenance and legality of TIF districts.
In addition to his real estate practice, Kurt provides services in corporate law, trusts and estates and business litigation.
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- St. Clair County Bar Association
- Belleville Township High School District 201, board member/president, 2000-present
- Memorial Hospital East, director, 2013-present; first vice chair, 2016-present; Quality Improvement Committee chair
- Memorial Hospital Foundation Capital Campaign, co-chairman, 2013-present
- Greater St. Louis Area Council Boy Scouts of America, executive board member, 2009-present
- Okaw Valley Council Boy Scouts of America, executive board member (past president), 1999-2009
- Rotary Club of Belleville
- BJC Healthcare, Patient Care Committee member
- Memorial Group, Inc., director
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, Land Use, Zoning & Condemnation; Real Estate: Commercial, Residential and Finance
- Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville, Kimmel Community Service Award, 2006
- Boy Scouts of America, District Award of Merit, 1998, and Silver Beaver Award, 2001
News & Insights
- February 2019
- Illinois Business Journal, December 2018