J.D., Boston University, cum laude, 1991; Boston University Public Interest Law Journal, Articles Editor
B.B.A., University of Wisconsin, Accounting and Finance, 1987
Drawing on more than 25 years of corporate law experience, Kurt Mueller takes pride in “knowing his audience” – whether representing a VC fund that regularly engages in M&A transactions or a client who is selling a family business in a once-in-a-lifetime transaction.
Kurt’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity investments, fund formations and sophisticated joint venture transactions. His experience also includes corporate governance, credit facilities, employment agreements, leases, intellectual property agreements and all manner of other agreements documenting business transactions. Kurt’s clients have included private equity and venture capital funds, businesses of all sizes from start-ups to large multinational companies, hedge funds and individual investors.
In addition, Kurt’s experience includes working as in-house counsel for a large bank’s private equity and strategic investing business, where he advised investment professionals on portfolio company acquisitions and dispositions, including applicable banking regulatory matters. He has also been a partner and senior counsel at several large law firms.
- Represented buyer in acquisition of professional sports team, involving long-term facility lease and arena renovation project.
- Represented real estate developer with $150 million portfolio launch first real estate fund.
- Represented executive consulting firm in string of strategic acquisitions.
- Developed hedge fund-like investment program for real estate developer.
- Represented family offices in connection with approximately $5 billion of investments in PE funds and hedge funds.