- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
J.D., Saint Louis University, 2003, Order of the Woolsack
B.S., Truman State University, magna cum laude, 2000
Kirsten Ahmad helps clients facing a range of litigation disputes, including in the areas of franchising, state constitutional law, advertising and promotions and general commercial litigation.
A significant portion of Kirsten’s practice is focused on franchising issues. In working with franchise and other business clients, she has litigated contractual disputes; business torts; copyright, trademark and trade secret issues; administrative law; and products liability.
In her experience with complex litigation, Kirsten has prosecuted hundreds of intellectual property piracy actions under the Communications Act, Electronic Communications Privacy Act and Missouri common law. She has been involved with several class action cases and has handled litigation related to municipal business license and tax protest, state consumer fraud and deceptive trade practices statutes and state constitutional issues including the Missouri Hancock Amendment.
In advertising law, Kirsten is well-versed in the legal aspects of online data collection. She advises on the legality of sweepstakes, contests and other promotions, including reviewing print and online advertisements and preparing and reviewing official rules.
Kirsten also has significant appellate experience. She has argued an appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and briefed appeals before numerous federal and state appeals courts, including the Missouri Supreme Court.
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- American Heart Association Heart Walk
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Civil Litigation Defense, 2010, 2013-2015
- Part of the legal team that successfully took to trial a class action case that resulted in the defeat of an unconstitutional stormwater tax against a major sewer district.
- Represented a communications company in disputes over municipal taxation, both defending and bringing claims related to taxes paid under protest.
- Worked on class action cases based on claims related to consumer trade protection practices.
- Assisted in defending a health care system against a tortious interference claim from an employee who was terminated from a service provider. The plaintiff, who had claimed $1.4 million in actual damages, voluntarily dismissed the lawsuit after a defense motion for summary judgment.
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Mobile Marketing and Payments: New Wine in New Bottles?"ANA/BAA Marketing Law Conference, Chicago, Illinois, November 15, 2017
- "March Madness and Beyond--Is Your Activity Legal?"February 2012