J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, 2009
B.S.B.A., Marketing and Finance, Washington University in St. Louis, 2004
Whether it’s counseling a startup business on brand development and protection or working with established companies on major corporate transactions, Karen Johnson brings a range of intellectual property experience to her practice.
On a day-to-day basis, Karen counsels clients on the acquisition, protection, maintenance and enforcement of intellectual property rights on both a domestic and international scale. Her experience includes managing trademark portfolios, providing clearance opinions, devising filing strategies, procuring and maintaining of trademark and copyright registrations, negotiating intellectual property agreements, reviewing and analyzing intellectual property due diligence in connection with stock and asset purchases, and defending intellectual property rights through Trademark Trial and Appeal Board proceedings, cease and desist communications, and online take-down procedures under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
In addition, Karen’s experience also includes general corporate and mergers and acquisitions matters. Recent deals she assisted with include the sale of a manufacturing company to a private equity group in a $110 million transaction and a minority shareholder’s acquisition of his family’s commercial printing business.
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow, 2020
- International Trademark Association
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Division
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Women Lawyers Association of Greater St. Louis
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Venture School, St. Louis, Missouri, May 14, 2020
- Franchising & Distribution Law Blog, October 16, 2013