- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
J.D., Loyola University School of Law, 1989
B.S., University of Illinois, Chemistry, 1985
Joseph Fuchs represents clients in patent prosecution and litigation in the pharmaceutical, chemical and biochemical industries. He provides counsel on matters including patent procurement, freedom to operate, and patent enforcement strategies in the U.S. and internationally, and his clients have ranged from sole inventors to Fortune 100 companies.
Joe has extensive experience in helping clients develop products and bring them to market in highly competitive fields with well-developed patent portfolios. He has prepared and obtained patents on behalf of clients in a variety of technology areas in many countries. He has handled numerous patent infringement lawsuits, representing generic drug manufacturers in suits brought under the Hatch-Waxman Act and preparing Paragraph IV certification notification letters.
- Eli Lilly and Company v. Actavis Elizabeth LLC et al., (D. New Jersey), Case No. 07-3770 (Atomoxetine)
- Sanofi -Aventis v. Barr Laboratories et al., (D. New Jersey), Case No. 07-1605 (Zolpidem)
- Astrazeneca AB v. Sandoz LLC, (D. New Jersey), Case No. 09-00199 (Omeprazole)
- Sepracor, Inc. v. Barr Pharmaceuticals, Inc. et al, (E.D. North Carolina), Case No. 08-CV-362 (Cetirizine)