- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
J.D., Washington University School of Law, 1997
B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1988
Jon Garside is an experienced trial lawyer who handles product liability, medical malpractice, pharmaceutical and medical device, and commercial litigation. He specializes in complex litigation, striving to offer collaborative and creative solutions that match clients’ business objectives. Jon has tried numerous cases, with most resulting in favorable verdicts, and he has successfully argued appeals in state and federal courts.
In the area of product liability, Jon has successfully defended manufacturers of pharmaceuticals and vaccines; medical devices; vehicles; construction, farm and industrial equipment; and petroleum products. In class actions, he has defended and obtained favorable results for clients including an association of major health insurers, a nationally known hospital, an international automaker, and major manufacturers of both generic and prescription medicines.
Jon’s experience also includes:
- Serving as defense liaison counsel for an international pharmaceutical company in an MDL proceeding involving oral contraceptives;
- Serving as designated local trial counsel for a pharmaceutical maker defending claims against a diabetes drug;
- Defending a major health insurer against multimillion-dollar claims of fraud;
- Winning summary judgment in favor of a tractor manufacturer in a rollover case that involved catastrophic injuries;
- Winning a dismissal in favor of a large state employee retirement fund in a federal court contract case;
- Successfully defending hospitals, doctors, and other health care providers against claims of malpractice, in the City of St. Louis, southern Illinois, and other difficult venues;
- Winning a defense verdict for a home health provider in a consumer fraud case;
- Winning a directed verdict in favor of a regional hospital at the close of the plaintiff's malpractice case.