Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 1985
University of Notre Dame, B.A.,1982
John Senica draws on his extensive experience in corporate law and finance to represent clients in a range of business, commercial lending and commercial real estate transactions. He frequently works with closely held companies and commercial lenders and handles matters related to business planning, commercial finance and mergers and acquisitions. These include manufacturing and service companies together with professional organizations such as accounting firms, architectural firms and medical practices. His transactional practice includes drafting and negotiating contracts including stock and asset purchase agreements, security agreements, loan agreements, distributorship arrangements, partnership agreements, consulting agreements, real estate contracts and commercial leases.
John represents lenders in secured commercial loan transactions and business entities in partnership and franchise matters. With over 34 years of experience in corporate law, he has also established long-standing relationships in the finance, private equity and venture capital areas.
John was most recently the founding member and Resident Director of the Chicago Office of a prominent Midwest based law firm where he served as a Senior Principal for 10 years. Prior to that he practiced in business transactional law for over 20 years as a partner at two Am Law 100 national law firms.
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- LaSalle Street Council, Board of Directors
- Connors Park Neighborhood Coalition
- Marist Law Alumni Association
- Notre Dame Club of Chicago
- City Club of Chicago
- Executives' Club of Chicago
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, Counseling Private Companies and Closely Held Businesses; Mergers and Acquisitions
- Counsel to biodiesel fuel manufacturer.
- Counsel to multiple Midwest based lenders with respect to commercial lending transactions ranging in size from $5 million to $200 million.
- Served as outside counsel to a partnership owning Midwest regional mall and assorted strip shopping centers.
- Acquisition counsel to a leading Chicago based private equity firm.
- Acquisition counsel for purchase of structural engineering firm.
- Counsel to multiple privately held Midwestern petroleum distributors and retailers having both wholesale and retail operations advising them as to ongoing real estate and business acquisitions.
- Counsel to two leading Midwest based architectural firms on contracts and development projects.
- Counsel to the largest Midwest franchisee of a national fast food franchisor.
- Acted as outside general counsel to national sign manufacturing company for contract review and business litigation.