J.D., University of Missouri-Kansas City, 2004
B.S., Business Administration, Missouri Western State University, 1999
With a responsive, relatable approach to the clients she represents, Jody Forsee focuses her practice on all aspects of estate planning and trust administration. Her work includes the creation and implementation of plans, both straightforward and complex, that are tailored to her clients’ goals. She is experienced in working on plans that include advanced estate planning documents used by clients for wealth management. She also addresses income, estate and gift tax issues relevant to her clients’ estate planning and probate needs.
A considerable portion of Jody’s practice focuses on working with family offices that handle assets and planning for multi-generational families. In that role, she manages day-to-day communication with the offices and works closely with their other advisors such as accountants and financial planners.
In addition, Jody helps clients with family-owned businesses coordinate corporate matters such as business succession planning and creating and administering business entities such as limited liability companies (LLCs) and partnerships. Jody also enjoys working with her clients on their charitable planning needs.
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Estate Planning Council of St. Louis
- Family Office Exchange
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Trusts and Estates, 2022
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "The Probate Process From Start to Finish"National Business Institute Seminars, May 2009
- "Top 10 Reasons for Estate Planning"YMCA Emerging Young Leaders, 2008