J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law; Technical Managing Editor, Journal of Health Law & Policy; Order of the Woolsack; magna cum laude, 2018
M.A., Political Science, University of Missouri-St. Louis, 2011
B.A., History and Education, Webster University, magna cum laude, 2007
Jessica Curtis assists in designing, implementing and advising on benefits plans for employers of all sizes. She works with businesses and tax-exempt organizations on a variety of plans including qualified and non-qualified deferred compensation plans, health and welfare benefit plans, and executive compensation programs. Her experience includes transactional, compliance and risk-management projects.
Jessica previously served as the Michael R. Cannon Fellow in Higher Education and Health Law at the Washington University in St. Louis Office of the Vice Chancellor and General Counsel. As a fellow, she collaborated on issues related to employee benefits and executive compensation, taxation, education law, health law and other areas. Her role included advising the university’s employee wellness program on compliance with federal laws and regulations
Jessica is currently completing her doctorate in political science. During law school, she interned for Judge James M. Dowd of the Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Academic Excellence Awards in Employee Benefits Law, Commercial Transactions, Business Associations, Property, Constitutional Law II and Information Privacy Law
News & Insights
- Plans, Perks & Pay | Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Blog, October 8, 2021
- Plans, Perks & Pay | Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Blog, January 14, 2021
- Plans, Perks & Pay | Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Blog, November 11, 2020
- Health Care Today | Health Law Blog, November 11, 2020
- Plans, Perks & Pay | Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Blog, September 10, 2020
- Plans, Perks & Pay | Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Blog, March 30, 2020