- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
J.D., Washington University School of Law, cum laude, 2014, Washington University Global Studies Law Review, primary editor
B.A, English, Saint Louis University, magna cum laude, 2011
Jessica Courtway represents clients in a variety of construction matters, including construction litigation and arbitration, prosecution of mechanic’s liens, contract negotiation, and contractor licensing issues. She prioritizes frequent client interaction with a forward-thinking approach.
Since joining the firm upon graduation in 2014, Jessica has successfully prosecuted and defended arbitration claims on behalf of the firm’s clients. Jessica has also briefed and argued a case in front of the Missouri Court of Appeals for the Western District.
In addition to her work within the firm, Jessica holds a number of leadership positions in professional and community organizations in the St. Louis area, including the National Association of Women in Construction, the Missouri Asian-American Bar Association and the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis’ Young Lawyers Division. Jessica was recognized for her contributions to BAMSL YLD as the recipient of a 2016 Award of Merit.
During law school, Jessica served as a judicial extern to Judge George W. Draper III of the Missouri Supreme Court. Jessica was a summer associate with Greensfelder for two summers before joining the firm full time.
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Young Lawyers' Division, vice chair
- Missouri Asian-American Bar Association, president
- American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law
- National Association of Women in Construction, former St. Louis Chapter Board of Directors member
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri, Big Sister
- Girls on the Run of Greater St. Louis, Site Liaison
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis YLD Award of Merit, 2016
- Who's Who Diversity in Color, 2015
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Immigration & Race
- Carmody MacDonald Legal Practice Excellence Award, 2012
- Missouri Asian-American Bar Association’s "Diane Yu Scholarship & Service Award," 2014
News & Insights
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, August 14, 2017
- June 28, 2017
- May 1, 2017
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, January 18, 2017
- State and Local Construction Projects: An Attorney’s Handbook, 2017
- State-by-State Guide to Architect, Engineer, and Contractor Licensing, Missouri chapter cumulative supplements2017
- St. Louis Lawyer, August 2017
- Nuts & Bolts | Construction Law Blog, November 28, 2017
- Nuts & Bolts | Construction Law Blog, January 19, 2017