- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
J.D., Washington University, 2010, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Washington University Law Review
B.S.B.A., Marketing; International Business, Washington University, 2007, magna cum laude
Jennifer Therrien’s role in a number of successful trials and mediations has given her insight into issues important to the construction industry and the nuances that can accompany this area of law. She frequently represents owners, contractors, specialty contractors and suppliers for claims relating to contract disputes, delay, wrongful termination and errors and omissions.
Jennifer is the leader of the firm’s Construction Practice Group and co-leader of the firm's Construction Industry Group. Her recent successes include her role in a four-week arbitration that resulted in a defense verdict on behalf of a design-build contractor and a federal trial victory representing a specialty subcontractor as the plaintiff in a breach of contract claim. Her clients are national and international, and she has experience in courts and arbitration in several states.
In addition to her extensive litigation practice, Jennifer handles contract drafting, review and negotiations, as well as day-to-day client counseling. She has drafted custom agreements for both owners and construction companies.
Jennifer is also a member of the firm’s e-Discovery group, a cross-disciplinary team of attorneys who provide counsel on best practices and defensible strategies to maximize efficiency and ensure a quality review of essential case documents. She is adept in handling e-discovery for large construction matters.
- American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law
- Hope Happens, Board of Directors
- Regional Union Construction Center, advisory board member
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Construction Law, 2020-2023
- Up & Coming Award, Missouri Lawyers Media, 2021
- Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Construction, 2014-2021
- California hospital. In a four-week arbitration in Los Angeles, part of a team that obtained a defense verdict for a terminated design/build contractor against a large hospital system owner, with award setting aside wrongful termination and requiring payment by owner of extra work claims and contract balance. Over $100 million of disputed claims involving issues of design errors and omissions, construction workmanship, delay and wrongful termination.
- Breach of contract. Represented a specialty subcontractor as the plaintiff in a breach of contract claim against another subcontractor in a trial in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, resulting in a complete verdict for the client.
- Justice Center projects. Settlement of over $155 million in disputed claims for a large engineering, procurement and construction firm working as construction manager for two public projects in Las Vegas involving standard of care of construction manager, design errors, construction workmanship, terminations and delay issues.
- Refinery. Mediation of $1 million in damages for a refinery owner against a pressure vessel fabricator involving defective welding and non-destructive examination (NDE), which failed to meet ASME VIII Code requirements.
- Design professionals. Represented an architect in defense of an owner’s claims of errors and omissions.
- Mechanic’s liens. Represented numerous suppliers, subcontractors and general contractors in mechanic’s liens and breach of contract actions. Represented owners in defense of mechanic’s liens filed against the owner’s property.
News & Insights
- Best Lawyers 2023 edition lists over 60 Greensfelder attorneys, including five St. Louis ‘Lawyers of the Year’August 18, 2022
- Best Lawyers 2022 Edition Lists 60 Greensfelder Attorneys, including Three St. Louis ‘Lawyers of the Year’August 19, 2021
- August 6, 2021
- August 20, 2020
- August 15, 2019
- February 2019
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Anatomy of a Construction Dispute"MO-CCI, December 8, 2021
- February 5, 2015
- October 9, 2014
- Nuts & Bolts | Construction Law Blog, November 24, 2021
- Nuts & Bolts | Construction Law Blog, September 21, 2017
- Nuts & Bolts | Construction Law Blog, December 22, 2016