- Rhode Island
J.D., Boston University School of Law, 2015
B.A., History, Emory University, magna cum laude, 2010
Jenny Katherman represents clients in real estate transactions, as well as a variety of corporate matters. From straightforward sale or purchase transactions to complex multi-party deals, Jenny works to help structure each situation to meet the client’s unique business needs.
Her work has included facilitating closings for commercial and residential real estate purchase and sale, as well as multimillion-dollar acquisitions. She has handled purchase and sale agreements, including in multi-state development deals, and has also handled leasing issues. Jenny also has experience in alternative energy transactions such as wind energy and solar projects, including assisting in the asset purchase of a wind farm and financing for a solar panel field.
Jenny’s general corporate experience includes assisting businesses, medical practices and government entities in complex matters including corporate formation, dissolution, financing, security-related issues and acquisitions.
Before joining Greensfelder, Jenny handled corporate transactions as an associate at a Providence, Rhode Island, law firm. She previously interned with the District of Columbia Department of Insurance, Security and Banking and spent a decade living in Shanghai, China.
- CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women)
- Assisted in a major hospital deal including the redevelopment of an academic medical center.
- Assisted in the refinancing for a landmark historic building in downtown St. Louis.
- Facilitated closings including a $3.2 million asset acquisition of a pigment manufacturer for use by a company developing technology for secure banking transactions, a $6.2 million refinance loan and $2 million construction loan for a nursing facility, an asset acquisition of two assisted living facilities and a local newspaper, and various purchase and sale of commercial and residential real estate.
- Managed legal due diligence for a $13 million software company stock acquisition by a global gaming technology provider. Tasks included review of customer contracts, software development agreements, employee confidentiality agreements, license agreements and corporate records to identify risks and significant items for consideration in proceeding with closing.
- Drafting ancillary agreements including assignment and assumption agreements, subordination non-disturbance agreements, bring down certificates, bills of sale, services agreements, non-competition agreements and corporate resolutions.
- Assisted with corporate formation and acquisition of an urgent care center.