J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, 1990, Order of the Woolsack, Public Law Review
B.A., Criminal Justice and Sociology, Saint Louis University, magna cum laude,1982
Jeanine Bermel brings significant experience in electronic discovery to her work on the firm’s e-Discovery and Litigation Support teams. She is well-versed in all matters related to pre-trial discovery and has extensive experience coordinating massive document collections. She has handled drafting and negotiation of protocols for the identification, collection, processing and production of electronically stored information (ESI), as well as analyzed productions for compliance with protocols and supervised document management and review. She is also a Certified E-Discovery Specialist (CEDS).
Jeanine’s law practice over nearly three decades has included complex business litigation, and she has advised clients in numerous industries in matters including commercial and government disputes, products liability, health care, intellectual property and ERISA. She has defended substantial putative class actions and shareholder derivative lawsuits and has counseled Fortune 500 companies responding to demands for significant volumes of electronic data in civil litigation and government investigations.
- Focus St. Louis, 2011-present
- International Legal Technology Association, 2004-present
- Leadership St. Louis, class of 2011-12
- Represented a national chain of psychiatric hospitals in a government investigation, including direct interactions with the FBI and Justice Department about the scope and timing of document production, return of seized records and continuation of business services.
- Served on a team of primary outside litigation counsel to a agricultural/biotech company, with primary responsibility for oversight of responses to government investigations and discovery matters.
- Served as national discovery counsel to a Fortune 500 health care organization, coordinating electronic document collection, review and production in response to all requests, including oversight of all discovery matters in MDL composed of 22 lawsuits.
- Served as counsel to a special litigation committee in the investigation of a $3 billion shareholder derivative lawsuit against inside directors of a Fortune 500 military aircraft and munitions manufacturer for alleged gross negligence in the purported breach of several government contracts. Representation included supervision of identification, collection and review of top-secret technical documents and government reports, interviews of key business and military personnel, and preparation of summaries and a final report to the committee.
News & Insights
- January 19, 2023
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- ACC St. Louis Chapter, August 25, 2023