J.D., The University of Mississippi, 2020
B.S., Political Science with American Government and Politics Emphasis, Southeast Missouri State University, 2017
B.A., Philosophy, Southeast Missouri State University, 2017
Jarard P. Williams brings an analytical and problem-solving approach to representing companies in litigation, working diligently to address legal issues that may impact their business objectives. His experience in the courtroom and as an entrepreneur gives him valuable insights into the challenges business owners in numerous industries face.
Previously, Jarard served as an assistant district attorney at the Davidson County District Attorney General's Office in Nashville, Tennessee. In that role, he conducted hearings and bench trials on misdemeanor and felony cases to be indicted by the grand jury, in areas including domestic violence, financial fraud, and drug and weapons violations.
Jarard is involved in his community as an advocate for promoting diverse leadership, professional representation, and empowering youth organizations. During law school, he gave a presentation on diversity and inclusion in space to the American Bar Association, and he has spoken on podcasts about diverse representation, human rights implications, and the impact of space law nationwide.
Additionally, he has written about the criminal justice system, specifically on the effects of solitary confinement and potential solutions to alleviate psychological distress among incarcerated individuals. Outside of his legal work, Jarard is an accomplished digital entrepreneur and founder of a luxury fraternity/streetwear apparel brand. He has experience handling supply chain development, social media marketing, and e-commerce aspects of the business.
- Tennessee Alliance for Black Lawyers Member
- Napier Looby Bar Association Member
- University of Mississippi Center for Air and Space Law – Task Force for Inclusion and Equality in Aerospace (Alumni Member)
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Active Advocacy Coalition Conference
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Chairman’s 2016 Award
- Attended White House for Black History Month Celebration/Civil Rights Leaders Meeting with President Obama
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- The Dark Star: Black Representation in SpaceAmerican Bar Association CLE on Diversity and Inclusivity in Space, October 30, 2020
- The Dark Star: Black Representation in SpaceSpacewatch Global: Race in Space: A Conversation about Diversity and Inclusivity in Space, June 18, 2020