- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
J.D., Concentration in Civil Litigation, Saint Louis University School of Law, cum laude, 2006
B.S.B.A., Economics, Saint Louis University, summa cum laude, 2003
Don McBride was building knowledge of the securities and financial services industry even before his legal career began. Today, that depth of understanding enables him to help those companies deal with potential litigation and the myriad regulations they face daily.
Don’s practice primarily focuses on representing broker-dealers, clearing firms, registered investment advisors and individual investment professionals. He has extensive experience in litigation matters including:
- Class actions
- Enforcement of pre-dispute arbitration agreements
- Confirmation of arbitration awards
- Contract disputes
- Business torts
- FINRA arbitration, including defending claims alleging state and federal securities law violations, unsuitability, fraud, churning and overconcentration
He also represents members of the securities industry in connection with investigations by the SEC, FINRA, and state regulators.
Beyond litigation work, Don also counsels clients on aspects of their business operations, including privacy, registration, record retention, reporting requirements and anti-money laundering issues. This includes advising clients on the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the USA Patriot Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, state securities laws and FINRA rules.
Before joining Greensfelder, Don worked in the mutual funds department of a nationally known brokerage firm in St. Louis, where he obtained practical experience in the securities industry.
Apart from his securities experience, Don has defended employers against claims alleging violations of the Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act and Missouri Human Rights Act. He has defended energy companies and their subsidiaries against claims brought by regulatory entities and private parties seeking cost recovery, personal injury, and property damages.
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association - Compliance and Legal Division
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow, 2018
- HavenHouse St. Louis, Board of Directors, 2009-2015
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Leroy J. Grossman Outstanding Student in Economics, 2003
News & Insights
- January 2018
- InsuranceNewsNet, May 31, 2017
- Financial Advisor, February 15, 2016
- February 1, 2016
- January 22, 2016
- St. Louis Business Journal & KMOX, October 2015
- August 25, 2015
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- November 5, 2014
- June 13, 2014