J.D., Washington University School of Law, 1990
B.A., DePauw University, 1987
Don Kennedy represents clients in all aspects of real estate transactions including leasing, acquisition, development, financing, foreclosure, workouts and zoning.
His experience with real estate-based financing transactions encompasses a variety of structures including sale/leaseback transactions. He has represented clients in leasing and acquisition of shopping centers and has negotiated and closed deals with and on behalf of regional and national retailers and real estate investment trusts. Don has negotiated and drafted leases of a variety of structures including ground leases, build-to-suit leases, office leases and multi-site master leases. In addition, Don has vast experience in the regulatory aspects of leasing and real estate transactions in the health care industry.
He has worked on real estate projects involving many types of real property including retail, industrial, office buildings, medical office buildings, ambulatory surgical centers, shopping centers, communication towers, corporate headquarters, residential subdivisions and office condominiums.
Don has been with the firm since 1990, except for two years when he served as secretary and general counsel of one of the largest homebuilding companies in the St. Louis area. Don is also the former leader of the firm’s real estate practice group and a former member of the Board of Directors.
- American Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Urban Land Institute
- The Church of the Good Shepherd, Town and Country, Missouri, former Vestry Board and senior warden, chairperson of Foundation Board
- St. Louis ArtWorks, Board of Directors
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2015-2023
- FOCUS St. Louis - Leadership St. Louis, Class of 2010
News & Insights
- Best Lawyers 2023 edition lists over 60 Greensfelder attorneys, including five St. Louis ‘Lawyers of the Year’August 18, 2022
- Best Lawyers 2022 Edition Lists 60 Greensfelder Attorneys, including Three St. Louis ‘Lawyers of the Year’August 19, 2021
- August 20, 2020
- August 15, 2019
- August 2018