- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
J.D., Washington University School of Law, 2013
- Midwest Black Law Students Association Law Journal, editor in chief
M.A., Anglo-Germanic Studies, University of Burgundy, Dijon, France, summa cum laude, 2008
B.A., Law, Jurisprudence & Social Thought and French, Amherst College, cum laude, 2007
Dominique de Vastey represents companies, employers, and individuals in commercial litigation, tort litigation, and employment law. She also defends clients involved in a variety of products liability, premises liability, and professional liability actions, appearing regularly at motion hearings and discovery dispute conferences.
Dominique has extensive experience in taking fact and expert witness depositions related to toxic tort, personal injury, and breach of contract matters. Before joining Greensfelder, she spent two years with an Edwardsville, Illinois, law firm where she represented companies and insurers in tort litigation and workers’ compensation. She has also presented on a variety of topics, including employment discrimination, workers compensation, and governmental entity liability.
Fluent in French, Dominique taught English at the university level in France and volunteered at a non-profit organization representing victims of discrimination. Her passion for litigation was sparked while interviewing potential refugees in South Africa. Writing reports and preparing for hearings in an effort to overturn government decisions played to her strengths in communication and persuasion. She further developed these skills by clerking for the U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices and the Missouri Attorney General’s Office, where she worked on employment discrimination and workers’ compensation matters.
Dominique works on immigration issues on a pro bono basis with the MICA Project. She also serves as a Big Sister in Big Brothers, Big Sisters and is active in the local community.
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Defense Research Institute
- Madison County Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Mound City Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Chair
- St. Clair County Bar Association
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- L’Alliance Française
- MICA Project, Donor Relations Committee
News & Insights
- Business Law Today, November 2017
- Franchising & Distribution Law Blog, January 30, 2018
- Thanks, but no thanks, for those cheaper hotel rooms: Franchisee employees successfully plead joint employer liability against franchisorFranchising & Distribution Law Blog, October 17, 2017
- Franchising & Distribution Law Blog, September 8, 2017
- Franchising & Distribution Law Blog, September 28, 2016