- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
J.D., University of Notre Dame
B.S., University of Dayton
Dennis Collins represents employers throughout the United States in the defense of employment discrimination matters and class action claims. He frequently handles employment and labor issues resulting from mergers, closings and relocations.
Dennis also represents employers in matters before the National Labor Relations Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, state agencies and the Department of Labor. He has represented employers in arbitration matters and in negotiating collective bargaining agreements.
As part of his labor practice, Dennis develops preventive labor measures designed to ensure and maintain non-union status in directing campaigns when a union petition is filed. He has lectured nationally on maintaining non-union status within the health care industry. In addition, Dennis has successfully represented employers in union organizing campaigns.
Dennis began his legal career as a law clerk for Roy W. Harper, then chief judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. He also served as a trial attorney with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the National Labor Relations Board. As a result, he is versed in how the government analyzes and prosecutes employment discrimination matters.
Dennis has lectured nationally on minimizing exposure from employment discrimination claims and on preventive labor practices intended to avoid employment litigation claims. He is a former leader of the Employment & Labor Practice Group and was a longtime member of the firm’s board of directors.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA, Labor & Employment, 2005-2018
- Benchmark Litigation, Labor & Employment Star, 2018
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Employment & Labor, 2005-2014
News & Insights
- August 15, 2019
- October 15, 2018
- May 3, 2018
- May 26, 2017
- October 2016
- May 27, 2016
- Smart Business St. Louis, November 2009
- Westlaw Journal Employment, July 16, 2019
- Society for Human Resource Management, February 23, 2016
- Greensfelder Employment and Labor Newsletter, Summer 2009
- "Age-Bias Law Expanded; U.S. Supreme Court Rules That Employees Do Not Have to Prove Intent in Order to Establish a Claim of Age Discrimination"Greensfelder Employment & Labor Newsletter, April 2005
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , June 29, 2018
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , May 18, 2018
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , May 10, 2018
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , August 3, 2017
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , February 12, 2014
- Make sure your employees get every penny they've earned... or the DOL and Plaintiffs' bar will ensure they receive every penny and then some!SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , June 10, 2013
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , April 17, 2013