- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, cum laude, 2008, Order of the Woolsack, Saint Louis University Law Journal editor in chief
B.B.A., McKendree College, magna cum laude, 2005
David Weder focuses his practice on asbestos litigation, managing all stages from initial pleading through disposition. He collaborates with the client and national counsel to develop strategy, as well as taking plaintiff fact and expert witness depositions, developing fact, expert, and corporate representative witnesses in conjunction with national counsel and defending their depositions, navigating discovery disputes, negotiating settlements, and assisting with trial preparation. His clients include a major international chemical company.
David has handled claims involving premises and products liability in Madison, St. Clair, McLean and Morgan counties in Illinois and in St. Louis and Kansas City, Missouri. He also assists with settlement negotiations and fact or expert depositions in other jurisdictions as needed.
- Madison County Bar Association, Immediate Past President (2019-2020); President (2018-2019); First Vice President (2017-2018); Second Vice President (2016-2017); Treasurer (2015-2016); Recording Secretary (2014-2015); Corresponding Secretary (2013-2014); Co-Chair, People's Law School Committee; Chair, Website Committee; Member, Young Lawyer's Division; Member, Membership Committee
- Pro Bono Committee, Illinois Third Judicial Circuit, founding member
- Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation, Board of Directors (2016-present); founding member, Young Friends of LOLLAF; member, Bringing Justice Home Fundraising Campaign, Audit and Fundraising committees
- Illinois State Bar Association Assembly, representing Third Judicial Circuit (Madison and Bond counties, 2016-2018); Standing Committee on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity, Ex Officio (2017-2018), Chair (2016-2017), Vice Chair (2015-2016), Secretary (2014-2015); Civil Practice and Procedure Section Council (2015-2016, 2018-2019); Diversity Leadership Council (2015-2017)
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association Litigation and Intellectual Property sections
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars, 2014-2018
- Secured an order dismissing an international chemical company for lack of general jurisdiction in an asbestos case pending in the 22nd Circuit Court for the City of St. Louis, Missouri, despite the company’s ongoing business contact with the state. (Smith v. Union Carbide Corp., et al., Cause No. 1422-CC000457.) The decision was a significant development for personal jurisdiction jurisprudence in Missouri.
- Drafted governing documents for a leading gem grading laboratory’s first data acceptance program.
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Remote Depositions: Preventing and Responding to Witness Coaching" webinarIllinois State Bar Association, June 10, 2021