- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, cum laude, 2001, Saint Louis University Law Journal, managing editor
B.A., Political Science, Saint Louis University, summa cum laude, 1998
When a business or individual faces federal investigation or is embroiled in a business dispute or tort claim, David Niemeier’s extensive federal court experience in commercial and white-collar defense helps him to vigorously represent client interests.
David has successfully represented individuals, developers, financial institutions, health care companies and religious organizations in civil actions in state and federal courts across the country, dealing with matters including tort claims, class actions, federal and regulatory investigations, and securities litigation. He has advised and defended those implicated or charged with federal criminal offenses including conspiracy, insider trading, mail and wire fraud, and money laundering.
Drawing on his previous work experience at a federal court and in a prosecutor’s office, David understands the process those facing a potential white-collar indictment or investigation will encounter. He applies that knowledge to crafting legal strategy and advising clients on how to exercise their rights when government agents appear at their home or business.
Before joining the firm, David spent two years as a judicial law clerk for Judge Catherine D. Perry of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. The experience provided firsthand exposure to how white-collar cases move through the court system, as well as extensive knowledge of federal rules and practice.
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Inns of Court, St. Louis Chapter, 2010-2012
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2021
- Represented a convenience store chain owner as the primary litigator in a shareholder oppression action. The multimillion-dollar case was eventually dismissed on summary judgment.
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of a health care provider in a False Claims Act case.
- Represents clients in relation to ongoing federal investigations, responding to government requests for information, interviews and documents.
- Worked as part of the legal team that represented a telecommunication company chief operating officer indicted on corporate fraud charges in a high-profile federal case.
News & Insights
- Health Care Today | Health Law Blog, August 6, 2019
- Health Care Today | Health Law Blog, May 6, 2019
- Insights on Business Rights: What do you do when … government agents, inspectors or investigators unexpectedly arrive at your business or home?Impact | Business Risk Management Blog, May 13, 2015