- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
J.D., Washington University School of Law, Washington University Journal of Law & Policy, 2016
B.S., Political Science, Truman State University, magna cum laude, 2012
Dan Ritter counsels and defends businesses and organizations on employment and labor law matters of all types, providing assistance in litigation and disputes as well as day-to-day counsel. He has represented employers in a number of industries, including manufacturing, health care and energy. He handles issues related to state and federal discrimination laws, employee agreements and policies, human resources training and other areas key to employers of all sizes.
In addition to his employment law practice, Dan has litigation experience in product liability, insurance, and commercial actions. He has assisted clients in a variety of practice groups and in all phases of the litigation process, including arbitration, mediation, trial and appeals. Working for clients in a variety of practice groups allows Dan to consider the mix of legal and business issues different clients face.
Dan is an adjunct professor at Washington University School of Law, where he teaches Introduction to U.S. Law & Methods. He has worked for several government agencies as an analyst and legal intern, including the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Agriculture, and the Department of Defense, giving him a strong background understanding of regulatory agencies.
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Federal Bar Association, Eighth Circuit Representative, Younger Lawyers Division
- Migrant & Immigrant Community Action (MICA) Project, pro bono attorney
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Illinois State Bar Association Lincoln Award Legal Writing Contest, 2018
- Wiley Rutledge Moot Court Competition: Golden Quill (Best Brief) & Semi-Finalist
- Scholar in Law Award
- CALI in Business Negotiation Theory & Practice
- Don Sommers Award in Professional Responsibility
News & Insights
- Illinois Bar Journal, February 2018
- "The Framing Effect: Is the Structure of Your Legal Department Pushing You to Gamble on Litigation?"DRI In-House Defense Quarterly, Summer 2017
- Employers: Do you know about the updates to the ‘Notification of Employee Rights under Federal Labor Laws’ poster?SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , June 11, 2019