- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, magna cum laude, 2005, Order of the Woolsack, Saint Louis University Law Journal, Managing Editor
B.A., History, University of Illinois, 2002
Clark Hedger is a business lawyer whose practice encompasses a range of matters including complex commercial litigation, internal investigations, products liability and business torts. Clark serves clients in the pharmaceutical, health care, bio-technology, automotive and trucking industries, among others.
Clark has tried cases to verdict in state and federal court and regularly defends his clients in state and federal courts, as well as in various arbitral forums, throughout the Midwest. In addition to defending businesses and business owners against business torts, in contract disputes, in business divorces and in other ownership disputes, he also defends product manufacturers in various segments of the automotive industry against claims attacking the design, manufacture and distribution of their products. He has defended clients in cases (including class actions) alleging consumer fraud, unfair business practices and violations of state and federal statutes, including RICO.
Clark often represents plaintiffs in business disputes as well and brings breach of contract claims and other business disputes.
In addition to his litigation practice, Clark regularly provides counseling (pre-litigation and otherwise) on issues related to strategic business planning, technology transactions, employment law and other operational matters. He is also a Certified E-Discovery Specialist (CEDS).
Clark joined Greensfelder in 2007 after serving as a law clerk to Judge J. Phil Gilbert of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois for two years.
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Civil Litigation Defense, 2012-2020
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2021-2023
- Represented grocery retailer in litigation against a warehousing company for breach of contract and various business torts.
- Represented seller following sale of business with respect to claims made by advisor seeking commission for sale.
- Represented executive sued for allegedly taking trade secret and confidential business information from former employer.
- Represented businesses and individuals in commercial contract disputes with vendors, customers, distributors, buyers, and sellers.
- Represented long-term care pharmacies in breach of contract and related litigations against senior living facilities for failure to pay for drugs and services.
- Represented an alternative energy developer in a construction dispute with a multinational manufacturer.
- Obtained judgment following jury trial in favor of a commercial motor carrier against another motor carrier for breaching a contract limiting solicitation of customers.
- Obtained pre-trial dismissal of trucking company sued for various torts by a former driver challenging company’s business model.
- Successfully defended motor carriers in catastrophic injury cases and wrongful death claims in litigation throughout the Midwest.
- Represented a multinational manufacturer of automotive parts in products liability litigation in state and federal courts throughout the Midwest.
- Represented product manufacturer in personal injury litigation alleging defective design of machines related to the automotive industry.
- Represented manufacturer of computer in personal injury litigation alleging defective manufacturing caused computer to catch fire.
- Defense of multi-defendant class action brought under Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA).
- Represented a regional franchisor in a class action involving alleged violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Represented a franchisee in Missouri Merchandising Practices Act class action.
Shareholder Litigation/Business Divorces
- Represented a privately held technology company in shareholder litigation involving claims of breach of fiduciary and conspiracy.
- Represented a dental service organization against claims of breach of contract and fraud following buyout of underlying practice.
- Represented business owner against claims of breach of fiduciary duty and tort claims related to wind down of business.
- Represented businesses and individuals with respect to shareholder and/or member inspection demands and related requests.
- Represent a family of companies seeking insurance coverage for litigations brought under Defense of multi-defendant class action brought under Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA).
- Successfully settled insurance coverage litigation on behalf of insurance company following bench trial on coverage issues disputed by rival insurance companies.
- Represented major integrated oil company in coverage litigation with an insurance company.
- Negotiated and managed e-discovery issues in commercial litigations of varying sizes, from several thousand documents to hundreds of thousands of documents.
News & Insights
- January 19, 2023
- Best Lawyers 2023 edition lists over 60 Greensfelder attorneys, including five St. Louis ‘Lawyers of the Year’August 18, 2022
- Best Lawyers 2022 Edition Lists 60 Greensfelder Attorneys, including Three St. Louis ‘Lawyers of the Year’August 19, 2021
- August 20, 2020
- November 2018
- Congratulations to Greensfelder's newest officers of the firm: Clark Hedger and Abby L. Risner.February 3, 2014
Articles & Books
- The Brief, Fall 2021
- Missouri Business, May 1, 2017
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, April 3, 2017
- April 7, 2020