- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
J.D., University of Missouri, Missouri Law Review associate editor, 2013
B.A., Indiana University, French, English, Criminal Justice, 2010
Chantal Fink Mehill represents clients in a wide range of construction matters, including contract negotiations, early dispute resolution, arbitration, and litigation. She has represented owners, general contractors, subcontractors, designers, and other construction industry clients on a regional and national level. She also has experience representing businesses in contractual, lending, employment, and real estate matters.
Chantal has experience in all phases of litigation, from discovery and depositions, to preparing witnesses and trying a case to judgment. She has successfully first-chaired a construction defect bench trial in St Louis County Court, second chaired several jury and bench trials, and successfully argued dispositive motions relieving her clients of millions of dollars in liability.
Outside the litigation arena, Chantal frequently performs pre-project risk review for client construction contracts. She has crafted several custom construction contracts to suit the needs of clients on a multi project or single project basis. Chantal prides herself on stepping outside the “one size fits all” construction contract, and incorporating provisions to meet the specific needs and concerns of her clients.
In addition to her work within the firm, Chantal is active member of several professional organizations, including the Lawyer’s Association of St. Louis, the AGC Service Supplier Council, the ABA Forum on Construction, and the Missouri Consortium for Construction Innovation. Chantal was been recognized for her professional and community contributions by being named part of the Missouri Lawyers Media's Up & Coming class of 2017, as well as being selected to serve on the Trial Academy committee for the ABA Forum on Construction.
- Lawyers Association of St. Louis, At-Large Executive Committee Member
- AGC Service Supplier Council
- Missouri Consortium for Construction Innovation
- ABA Forum on Construction, Trial Academy Committee
- Stray Rescue of St. Louis
- St. Louis Motion for Kids
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2019-2021
- Up & Coming Award, Missouri Lawyers Weekly, 2017
- The Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch," 2021-2024
- Assisted on a team that successfully represented a client in a $40 million undue influence case in a weeks-long trial in St. Louis County.
- Second-chaired and assisted on a successful $2.8 million fraudulent conveyance bench trial.
- Assisted on a multimillion-dollar construction defect arbitration in Dallas, Texas.
News & Insights
- August 17, 2023
- Best Lawyers 2023 edition lists over 60 Greensfelder attorneys, including five St. Louis ‘Lawyers of the Year’August 18, 2022
- March 31, 2022
- February 1, 2022
- Best Lawyers 2022 Edition Lists 60 Greensfelder Attorneys, including Three St. Louis ‘Lawyers of the Year’August 19, 2021
- August 20, 2020
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, October 16, 2017
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Nuts & Bolts | Construction Law Blog, May 27, 2021
- Nuts & Bolts | Construction Law Blog, August 10, 2018