J.D., Washington University School of Law, cum laude, Business Law Certificate, Journal of Law & Policy, chief primary editor, 2018
B.A., History, Rhodes College, cum laude, 2015
Celine George represents companies in a variety of commercial litigation matters. She takes a strategic approach to all stages of litigation preparation, focusing on each client’s unique business and legal needs. Her work includes all phases of litigation, including research and fact investigation, drafting and trial preparation.
Celine has worked on numerous matters related to fiduciary litigation, representing beneficiaries and corporate trustees. Her work in this area includes drafting pleadings on behalf of charitable trusts and non-profits to change terms of a trust, representing corporate trustees in will/trust contests, assisting beneficiaries in their challenge of trust terms, and defending individual and non-profit beneficiaries against challenges of will/trust terms.
She also has represented national carriers, logistics companies and truck leasing companies in lawsuits relating to accidents and contract disputes.
During law school, Celine was a summer associate at Greensfelder for two years and interned with Judge John Bodenhausen of the Eastern District of Missouri. She also served in the Washington University School of Law’s Entrepreneurship and Intellectual Property Clinic, helping nonprofits with formation, tax, drafting and other business matters.
- Immigrant & Refugee Women’s Program, board member
- Young Friends of Cardinal Glennon
- Defense of national carriers in personal injury lawsuits in state and federal court
- Counsel for trustee in state and federal court involving various trust issues
- Experience defending major oil company against former franchisee
News & Insights
Articles & Books
- The Brief, Fall 2021
- "Native Advertising in Social Media: Is the FTC’s ‘Reasonable Consumer’ Reasonable?"Washington University Journal of Law & Policy, 2018