- U.S. Tax Court
J.D., concentrations in business transactions and taxation, Saint Louis University School of Law, 2011
M.B.A., Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, 2008
B.S., Accounting, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, cum laude, 2007
Cassie Barr counsels clients on corporate and tax law matters. In the area of corporate law, Cassie has an emphasis in mergers and acquisitions and has experience in providing counsel to middle market companies in a broad range of industries, including health care, technology, construction, manufacturing and distribution.
In the area of tax law, Cassie counsels clients on corporate and business tax planning. She also has experience in tax controversy matters and has represented clients before the Internal Revenue Service and state taxing authorities.
Before joining the firm, Cassie worked as an international tax associate for a big four professional services firm. Her background includes degrees in business and accounting.
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch," 2021
- Represented family in sale and rollover of equity in packaging manufacturing and distribution business to private equity buyer.
- Represented owners in sale and rollover of equity in HDPE manufacturing business to private equity buyer.
- Represented owners in sale and rollover of equity in intermodal transportation business to strategic acquirer.
- Assisted Alzheimer’s Association in merger of various chapters of the organization.
News & Insights
- August 20, 2020
- February 2020
- St. Louis Business Journal, July 3, 2018
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Venture Café St. Louis, November 8, 2018
- Association of Corporate Counsel - St. Louis, September 7, 2018
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , March 20, 2020
- Franchising & Distribution Law Blog, October 3, 2013