- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
J.D., Washington University School of Law, Dean’s List, cum laude, 2014
B.A., English and Communication, Truman State University, magna cum laude, 2011
Caroline Paillou’s practice spans a wide range of commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts. She guides clients through all phases of litigation, including pre-dispute investigations, pleadings, discovery and motions practice, alternative dispute resolution and trials.
Caroline also regularly assists clients in the financial services industry, including broker-dealers, registered investment advisors and wealth management professionals. She routinely represents firms and individuals in litigation, FINRA arbitrations and in SEC, FINRA and state regulatory investigations. Caroline has a particular focus in interpreting and enforcing non-competes and other restrictive covenant agreements and with trade secret litigation.
Prior to joining Greensfelder as an associate in 2015, Caroline worked at a midsize Kansas City law firm, where she counseled closely held businesses and represented clients in a variety of industries, including health care, transportation, food and hospitality, and professional sports.
Since joining the firm, Caroline has served as a five-year chair of the firm’s holiday gift drive supporting the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis’ Motion for Kids event. Caroline served a two-year term on Greensfelder’s Associates Committee and is a member of the firm’s Equity, Retention and Advancement group, well-being advisory group and is a former associate and summer associate mentor.
While attending law school at Washington University, Caroline served as an editor for the Washington University Journal of Law & Policy and was an extern for the Honorable Judge Catherine Perry in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. She also chaired the Environmental Moot Court Competition board and was admitted to the Order of Barristers.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Honors Scholar Award (2013-2014)
- Scholar in Law Award, Washington University
- The Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch," 2022
News & Insights
- Best Lawyers 2022 Edition Lists 60 Greensfelder Attorneys, including Three St. Louis ‘Lawyers of the Year’August 19, 2021
- February 11, 2021
- September 15, 2020
- "Fourth Circuit Affirms Multiplied Liquidated Damages Award for Repeated Violations of Injunction and Findings of Contempt"Business Law Today Month in Brief, April 2018
- Business Law Today Month in Brief, April 2018
- February 2017
- June 23, 2020
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , March 2, 2021