- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, cum laude, Managing Editor of the Law Journal, Merit Scholarship Recipient, Excellence Award, Teaching Assistant for Legal Research and Writing, 2000B.S., Indiana University Kelly School of Business, 1996
B.A., Indiana University College of Arts and Sciences, 1996
As co-leader of the firm’s general commercial litigation group, and Leader of the firm’s Manufacturing and Industrial industry group, Beth Conran represents clients in a broad range of complex litigation, including complex commercial and toxic tort matters. She has extensive experience with the energy, technology, automotive, manufacturing and securities industries.
Beth regularly acts as lead litigation and trial counsel for a global energy company defending antitrust and trade regulation claims related to alleged unlawful motor fuel pricing practices and unlawful deed restrictions. Beth also has extensive experience defending mass tort and premises liability suits against manufacturing and refining companies.
Beth has significant experience representing financial institutions and investment professionals in securities arbitrations before the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) in connection with claims such as breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, suitability, churning, negligent supervision, and statutory claims.
Beth has lectured on Missouri ethics and data breach laws and has written about proposed amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure for the Business Torts Section of the American Bar Association.
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Mary Queen of Peace School, Board of Education, 2016-present; Vice President, 2019-2010
- Saint Louis University Law School Alumni Association, Class Agent
- The Missouri Bar, Young Lawyers Section, St. Louis City delegate, 2004-2010
- Legal Advocates for Abused Women (LAAW), Board of Directors, 2006-2013; Annual Fundraiser, Co-Chair, 2004-2009
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2019-2022
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow, 2014
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2009-2019
- Benchmark Litigation, Future Star, 2013-2020
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, Up and Coming Lawyer, 2009
- Lead trial counsel for global energy company successfully defending against claims of fraud, conspiracy, breach of contract, and state franchise violations brought by multi-site operators/franchisees seeking millions in damages.
- Lead counsel defendant for a global energy company in litigation against a multi-site franchisee and jobber alleging claims under the Petroleum Marketing Practices Act, improper pricing, violation of state franchise laws and breach of contract, seeking more than $300M.
- Trial counsel in successfully defending a global energy company against claims of improper pricing, fraud, breach of contract, and state franchise violations and multi-site franchisees brought by multi-site operators seeking more than $100M.
- Regularly defends manufacturing and automotive clients in toxic tort claims and asbestos litigation in two of the most difficult jurisdictions in the country – Madison County, IL and the City of St. Louis.
- Regularly represents parties in litigation involving software development and implementation including disputes in copyright, trademark and licensing agreement.
- Handles arbitration related to construction disputes, including those in the renewable energy and hotel industries.
- Represents energy companies against claims involving common law theories and regulations brought by governmental entities and private parties relating to underground storage tanks and pipeline leaks.
News & Insights
- Best Lawyers 2022 Edition Lists 60 Greensfelder Attorneys, including Three St. Louis ‘Lawyers of the Year’August 19, 2021
- August 20, 2020
- August 15, 2019
- November 2018
- October 15, 2018
- August 2018
- October 2017