J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, cum laude, 2013, Order of the Woolsack; Concentration in Employment Law; Saint Louis University Law Journal
B.A., Washington University in St. Louis, Psychology, 2010
Ben brings an insider’s perspective on the legal needs of the health care industry to his work on behalf of hospitals, health systems, physician groups and individual providers. Prior to his time at Greensfelder, Ben served as a senior attorney at a large not-for-profit health system where his practice was focused on physician contracts, joint ventures and practice acquisitions.
From his experience both inside and outside of a large health system, Ben understands the unique perspective of hospitals, health systems, physician groups and individual providers in their interactions with one another. At Greensfelder, Ben uses this expertise to counsel clients on the full range of health care physician transactions, including employment arrangements, recruitment packages, practice acquisitions and professional service contracts. Ben also serves as a subject matter expert on fraud and abuse issues related to the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute.
Ben additionally advises clients on corporate compliance programs, payor issues and policy development and works collaboratively with Greensfelder’s business services attorneys on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters related to health care clients. His experience encompasses a variety of issues in the health care sector, including corporate and medical staff governance, physician integration, joint ventures, real estate and physician extenders.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- 30 Under 30 Award, St. Louis Business Journal, 2015
- Value Champion Award, Association of Corporate Counsel, 2015
- SSM Innovators Award, SSM Health, 2014
News & Insights
- St. Louis Business Journal, July 10, 2015
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Saint Louis University Residents Association, Jan. 24, 2017 and Feb. 20, 2018; Washington University Department of Anesthesiology, Sept. 14, 2016 and Oct. 11, 2017; Washington University Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Oct. 15, 2016 and Oct. 21, 2017
- "Contractual Expansion of Judicial Review of Arbitration Awards in Missouri after Hall Street and Cable Connection"Saint Louis University Law Journal, 2013