- Trusts & Estates
J.D., University of Kentucky College of Law, 2006
A.B., Washington University in St. Louis, 2002
Andrew Mitchell pairs his experience in tax and estate law with a focus on client responsiveness to help families and businesses map out plans for their valuable assets. He works with clients on an array of estate planning matters, including wealth transfer planning and closely held business succession planning, and he frequently assists with trust and estate administration.
With individuals and families, Andrew advises on protecting family assets and prudently transferring wealth to younger generations and charities. In his trust and estate administration work, he advises trustees and executors on how they can best administer an estate to avoid disputes with the beneficiaries. He also helps trustees deal with issues that arise in fiduciary litigation.
A significant portion of Andrew’s practice is devoted to addressing the income, estate, generation-skipping transfer and gift tax issues relative to the estate planning, probate and trust administration projects in which he is involved.
In addition, Andrew helps with the negotiation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, guiding couples through a process that can be emotionally charged.
Before joining the firm, Andrew spent several years handling estate planning and small business planning at a Clayton law firm.
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Mathews-Dickey Boys' & Girls' Club, Board of Directors; Planned Giving Council, Legal Committee, chair
- St. Louis Young Alumni of Washington University, past chair
- Journey Christian Church
- FOCUS St. Louis Emerging Leaders, 2017
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Panelist, "Current Topics Affecting Estate Planning and Clients"Red Cross Planned Giving Advisory Council’s Seminar for Professional Advisors, May 17, 2017
- 2015 Greensfelder Estate Planning Seminar, November 19, 2015
- "Business Succession Planning Using Lifetime Transfers"National Business Institute Business Ownership Succession Planning event, June 2015
- "How to Draft a Simple Will"The Missouri Bar Stepping Up/Stepping Out Program, 2012 and 2013
- PRESERVATION | Family Wealth Protection & Planning, June 20, 2017
- PRESERVATION | Family Wealth Protection & Planning, April 25, 2017
- PRESERVATION | Family Wealth Protection & Planning, November 15, 2016
- PRESERVATION | Family Wealth Protection & Planning, October 17, 2016
- PRESERVATION | Family Wealth Protection & Planning, September 26, 2016
- PRESERVATION | Family Wealth Protection & Planning, April 20, 2016