Greensfelder serves as counsel to business owners who need legal support for diverse supplier contracting opportunities. Our services include contract drafting, review, and negotiation services to women-, minority- and veteran-owned business enterprises. We have extensive experience in the complexities that arise during the certification and contracting process for MBE, WBE, VBE and DBE companies, including the many variations by location or state.
Our team has hands-on experience with certification applications, including serving on an application review committee for one of the national certification agencies as well as having direct certified business owner experience.
We work with businesses looking to get certified in response to an opportunity to work with a certain partner or client, as well as those who are looking to grow their opportunities by qualifying for federal, state, local or public university contracts.
Why Us? One of Greensfelder’s core values is to be “people-focused,” and our commitment to Equity & Inclusion is a firmwide priority. We believe that a diverse environment maximizes the firm’s ability to meet the needs of our clients and reflect the communities we serve — and we believe in helping diverse suppliers receive the support they need as they grow their businesses and find new opportunities.
Diverse Supplier Certification Consultant Services
Our certification consultant services include:
- A planning and strategy session that includes counsel on what certification will best fit your goals
- A document checklist outlining all required documents for the certification process
- Document review to identify problems or challenges
- Application preparation and filing agency Q&A responses
- Site visit preparation
- Approval follow-up
- Based on established relationship post-certification, providing ongoing support for contracting and other legal matters.
Key Supplier Diversity Contacts
Paula Finch is an experienced business attorney who represents businesses in supplier diversity opportunities and certifications, as well as commercial transactions, acquisitions, negotiations, contracting. For minority and women-owned businesses, Paula frequently assists in certifications, creating new business ventures, and negotiating contracts. She is experienced in the issues that arise during the certification and contracting process for MBE, WBE, VBE and DBE companies. Paula has previously been an entrepreneur herself, running a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) firm focused on transactions, contract drafting and negotiations, supplier diversity certification, and other areas of practice. She is a graduate of Indiana University McKinney School of Law.
Dee Harleston assists businesses and organizations with corporate and regulatory matters, including those related to supplier diversity, entity formation and dissolution, and various corporate governance matters. His practice includes ensuring compliance with federal and state laws, drafting and reviewing agreements, and all aspects of transactions. He has assisted numerous business owners with navigating the supplier diversity certification process and is well-versed in the program variations on the state and federal level. His prior in-house experience at several large health care systems provides him with an insider’s business perspective and allows him to tailor his advice for both legal and administrative issues. Dee earned a dual degree in law and public health from Saint Louis University.
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "The Power of Better Together" webinarGreat Lakes Women's Business Council, November 9, 2021
- Moderator, "When Opportunity Knocks … Preparing to Transfer Your Business"National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), August 2021
- Moderator, "The Real Deal with WBE Certification"National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), August 2019
- Great Lakes Women’s Business Council Women’s Business SymposiumJune 1, 2019
- Speaker, "F.U.E.L (Females United and Empowered to Lead)"National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), October 2018
- Nuts & Bolts | Construction Law Blog, May 27, 2021