Even in the best business environment, claims can arise and disputes ensue. If you are facing employment-related claims, including litigation, our team can help.
We have successfully defended employers in charges of discrimination filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state agencies and in lawsuits filed in state and federal courts. In situations involving current or former employees, we regularly represent employers in lawsuits involving employment-related claims such as those involving:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Missouri Human Rights Act (MHRA), Illinois Human Rights Act (IHRA), and other state laws prohibiting discrimination, harassment and retaliation
- Wage & Hour class actions (FLSA and state law counterparts)
- Denial of employee benefits (including ERISA claims)
- Public policy and statutory whistleblower claims
State law employment torts are often brought against employers, and we have experience defending employers and management in actions alleging defamation, tortious interference with business relationships, and infliction of emotional distress.
Discrimination lawsuits are increasing every year, and defending these cases can become expensive for your business and time consuming for you. Our goal is to bring your case to a successful close.
We have successfully defended employers in state and federal courts in lawsuits alleging discrimination and harassment on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and other protected characteristics.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Mediation is a confidential process facilitated by a neutral third party designed to promote a resolution or settlement of a controversy existing between parties. In lieu of litigation, or sometimes as a step in the claims or litigation process, we regularly represent employers in mediations.
News & Insights
- November 2018
- Society for Human Resource Management, October 18, 2018
- October 2016
- Westlaw Journal Employment, July 30, 2019
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , October 30, 2015